Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Challenge!

For centuries women went through daily life dressed like this.
Are you strong enough to do it?


Dear faithful readers of The Catholic Lady Blog,

I have a challenge for you!

I am hosting "A Week In Feminine Dress" which means you are challenged to wear modest, elegant clothing for an entire week, photograph your endeavor, and submit the photographs to my blog for publication!  The object is to encourage more women to dress like a "Catholic Lady".  Please consider joining the "Week In Feminine Dress" challenge!


Here are the rules:

No pants, shorts, flip flops, low necklines, sleeveless tops, tight clothing, short skirts (showing the knee), or anything that you find questionable!  Dress like you would imagine a true Catholic Lady to dress.

Submit your photos to me via thecatholiclady@gmail.com sometime before June 30!



Even if no one else volunteers, I will be posting pictures of me and my daughter for your encouragement and perusal!  It is possible to spend an entire week in feminine dress!

I hope you join me!

Sincerely,
Colette Zimmerman

6 comments:

  1. I will try to participate, although unless it's Sunday, I usually don't wear anything "elegant". So you want info on where things were purchased or just photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to include where things were purchased since that would be time consuming for seven days. I think whatever you wear will be great! Stella could participate too!:)

      Delete
  2. Hi Colette - since reading "Dressing with Dignity" by Colleen Hammond, I dress like this every day! However, I am a big fan of Crocs slip-on flat sandals because I have issues with the soles of my feet... would you count these as "flip flops"? I've tried desperately to wear dressier shoes but they usually only last a few minutes. :( Glad you're sharing this challenge, hope many decide to participate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Melissa,
      That's fine! I am so glad you plan to enter! I would LOVE to see your outfits! Please send me your pictures soon! Thank you for your interest!!!

      Delete
  3. Do babies have to follow all the modesty rules? (e.g. most baby dresses show the knees...to allow for crawling I guess? Also, it's traditional for little girls to wear short skirts, then lower the hem once they are of a certain age)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that's fine. Babies don't have to be as strict. I am also not planning to cross examine all the entries so I'll leave it up to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...