Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fall in the Home

Now that it is October it is officially Fall!  This is my favorite season of all (and not just because the Summer heat has finally settled down)!

Here are a few things that my family does to celebrate the season and enjoy it together:


Fall porch- mums in bushel baskets, hay seats, and lots of pumpkins
1. Decorate!
Pumpkins, mums, scarecrows, apples, candles, cinnamon scents and hay bales are just a few things that can be used to cheerfully prepare your home for the holiday season!

Kelsey Creek Farm Fair recalls Bellevue's rural past - features pumpkin decorating, hayrides and other fall activities
2. Attend Fall Festivals!
There are so many Fall festivals around our house at country farms and communities.  This is a great place to get your pumpkins or just enjoy the day with a hayride or hot apple cider!
 
christmas gift container
3. Start making or buying Christmas Gifts!
I usually start thinking about Christmas presents now since it takes awhile to accumulate the perfect gift for family and friends especially if you are planning to make them!  I find that it is much more laid back to shop slowly than do it all at once.
 
Who's excited for fall bike rides? Photo: Maudsley State Park, Newburyport. Credit: Kindra Clineff

4. Go outside or to a park for a walk/bike ride/hike!
Fall is the perfect weather to get outside.  The crisp air and crunchy leaves are great for bike riding, hiking, walking, or just playing in the yard!
 
Hot Apple Cider
 
5. Prepare warm and tasty treats!
Hot beverages, sweet pies, and hot soups taste so good after that outdoor adventure!  Don't forget to snuggle up in front of the fire with a good movie either!
 
 
 
 
What do you like to do best in the Fall?

2 comments:

  1. Ahh :) this post makes me feel so warm and toasty and ready for the fall weather!
    I am glad that I am not the only one who starts collecting/making Christmas gifts this early!
    I found a recipe for pumpkin scones and I hope to make them this Friday :). Fall is wonderful :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of It! I love all the things that I think of when I think of Fall. Apples are my favorite fruit, the colors are beautiful, and I love the smell of leaves on the ground....So much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...