Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A Weekend In Feminine Dress: Feeling Sick

Welcome to A Weekend In Feminine Dress on The Catholic Lady Blog when I post pictures of myself or another lady wearing a modest, feminine outfit (including where it was purchased) in order to encourage other women in this apostolate.  If you want to send me your pictures to publish here, please contact me at: thecatholiclady@gmail.com.  I really appreciate the photos I have received lately from generous ladies!
 
 
 I love the month of September!  The weather is just so beautiful and it is when the Autumn festivals begin!  I also LOVE Fall fashion and plan to do some posts about that!  Layering, boots, burgundy and scarves can be SO beautiful in the crisp air!
 
 
I had a very difficult weekend.  I experienced a thyroid/adrenal crash like I do sometimes and could barely get out of bed Saturday and Sunday.  Fortunately, we did make it to Mass Sunday evening and I started to feel a little better yesterday. :)  I do look tired in this picture, but it was taken on an evening last week before I started to feel so awful.  I am trying to be patient as I experiment with different supplements and medications for my thyroid.  The doctor I have been working with has me taking Thytrophin PMG and Iodine Plus (with selenium and other thyroid nutrients) in addition to some adrenal supplements, but I have recently been considering going on Armor Thyroid because I feel like I need something stronger.  I am also exploring the idea that my problems could be autoimmune triggered and may need to address that issue.  I know thyroid and adrenal issues are common among pregnant and nursing women, so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know!
 
 
 
I recently found this black eyelet dress at Goodwill and I really like how it looks with the cardigan.  I added a strip of black fabric around the top and small sleeves to make it more modest.  I wore this outfit when we went miniature golfing last week.  It was fun and I won by a few strokes less than my husband which made it even better (although I think he was running after our children so it may have been on an advantage)!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'M WEARING:

Dress- Goodwill
Cardigan- New York and Co.
Shoes- Payless
Necklace- Gabriel Brothers
Watch- Consignment
 
 
 
THANKS FOR VISITING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...