Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

A Weekend In Feminine Dress

Welcome to A Weekend In Feminine Dress when I post pictures of a modest, feminine outfit in order to encourage women to consider the important apostolate of dress!  If you would like to send in photos of your outfit to publish here, please contact me at: thecatholiclady@gmail.com.  Thank you!

I have recovered from my exhaustion of last week, thanks to the prayers and advice of many friends and help of my doctor.  I just started taking Armour Thyroid and hoping that helps!  I really appreciate all of the thoughtful messages I received.

I did not know what I would wear to my cousin's wedding this Saturday so I finally just decided to make a dress!  I went to JoAnn's and found this blue floral fabric on sale which I purchased three yards of for only $6 total!  I made the dress Friday and wore it with a black fascinator hat I purchased earlier this year for my brother-in-law's wedding (not seen in the picture).  The shoes were given to me by my little sister who found them at a thrift store in Virginia.

 
 
 
 
Below is the outfit I wore Sunday.  We visited my family to celebrate my Mom's birthday and Thomas, Beatrice and Rebecca had such a great time at their house.  They have a slide and swings and a garden that the children just love!  (I never got around to taking photos there so this photo was taken when we got home.)


 
 
I'm Wearing:
 
Skirt- Handmade
Top- Ann Taylor
Jewelry- Kohl's
 
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting!  What did you wear this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...