Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Weekend In Feminine Dress: March for Marriage

Welcome to A Weekend In Feminine Dress!  This is when I post pictures of a modest and elegant outfit to encourage women in the apostolate of feminine dress.  If you would like to send me your photos to feature here, please do at: thecatholiclady@gmail.com!  Thank you!


This Saturday I travelled down to the March for Marriage in Washington, D.C. with my family and an estimated 10,000 other courageous people who defend traditional marriage.  It was amazing and edifying to witness so many who are willing to stand up for the truth!  I saw this sign representing 12,251 more absent supporters:

 
 
Our trip was definitely a success!  We were blessed to enjoy an uneventful journey and the children were surprisingly well behaved (I did pack a few extra emergency lollipops that day).  Since we arrived just as the March was starting, I only had a chance to snap this picture of Rebecca and Beatrice in their stroller all ready to go:
  
 


 I really can't say what they are wearing!!  Mostly all of their clothes are either from local children's consignment sales or hand me down bags from family and friends.  I have five sisters and two nieces so there are always a lot of girl clothes floating around.
 
 
I did really love being able to attend the March for Marriage and seeing firsthand the many good people who are standing up for God (and common sense and natural law) in America.  It is just incomprehensible that people can support a redefinition of men and women- human nature!- to the extent of protecting same-sex "marriage" by law.  I would highly recommend going to the March for Marriage next year to anyone that is considering it.  Good people need to see they are not alone.  There was very little opposition and I only saw a few protesters, so much less trouble than I expected.  The protesters were typically creepy though, wearing disturbing costumes and painted faces, waving rainbow flags and often yelling profanity.  The contrast to the prayerful and peaceful marches is incredible.  So be prepared for that!
 
 
 
THANKS FOR VISITING!  COME BACK SOON!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your trip was a success and there wasn't any violence. Thank you for standing for truth!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...