Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A Week in Feminine Dress: At the County Fair!

Welcome to A Week in Feminine Dress on The Catholic Lady Blog.  This is when I post pictures of a modest, elegant outfit to encourage women in the enriching apostolate of feminine dress.  If you would like to send in your pictures, please do so at: thecatholiclady@gmail.com.  Thank you!


To make up for my laziness lately in posting pictures, I'm going to add one today if only to be able to look back and recall forever these days of swollen feet and hugeness and- oh yes- the county fair!  We went yesterday to see the animals and exhibits and had a wonderful time.  Every year I find myself looking forward to it more, probably because of the children.  They loved going through the barns to see so many animals in one place.  I love seeing the sewing, baking, arts and crafts that are on display.  It's amazing how much talent can be right in your own neighborhood.

Here's what I wore.  Beatrice and Rebecca's dresses were both from friends.

 
 
I'M WEARING:

Top- my cousin
Skirt- Target (Liz Lange Maternity)
Shoes- Payless
Necklace- Gift
 
 
THANKS FOR VISITING!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love the kids dresses! It reminds me of when my daughter was young she always wore a dresses. As she got to be 4 or 5yrs old she insisted on wearing rubber boots with every dress! Boy was that hard to break her of *smile* Now shes 17yrs old & still wears her dresses but with feminine shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you an email with a picture of her in one of her favorite dresses.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I was also wondering if you have any convictions on hair length for a lady? I recently cut my hair 8in to be exact & now it is a bit above shoulder length. *sigh* I was so upset after the fact I cut it that I felt like I had sinned for cutting my hair. How do you feel about cutting hair & length? Also how to you feel about veiling? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer longer hair on women, but do not think it should be a legalistic matter. Around or below shoulder length is where I usually keep my hair. I think it's important to consider neatness as well as length and keep hair cut regularly, combed and arranged in a feminine way so that it doesn't look untidy. I'm sure your hair is still beautiful and the change might be nice! I cut a lot off my hair earlier this year too since I was just ready for a change. :) Thanks for the pictures by the way!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...