Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

A Weekend In Feminine Dress: SO CLOSE!

Welcome to A Weekend In Feminine Dress on The Catholic Lady Blog.  This is when I post pictures of myself or a volunteer wearing a modest, elegant outfit in order to encourage women in the important and wonderfully enriching apostolate of femininity.  If you are interested in sending in your photos for publication here, please do so at: thecatholiclady@gmail.com .  Thank you!


Well, we're finally getting down to the last pregnancy pictures...I hope!  I will be 40 weeks on Friday, so I think this baby is coming soon!  All my others were within a few days of their due date, so here is hoping.  I'm just getting to the point where it's difficult to move.  Anyway, this is an outfit I've been wearing around the house lately.  The top is courtesy of my sister and very comfortable.  The tank underneath I just found downstairs and it works!  I wear it backwards since the neckline on the back it higher, a little trick I invented FYI.  I throw on the scarf to dress up this outfit a bit and it's still just as comfortable!  (As you may notice, I am still having a little trouble with my camera's focusing AND our bathroom is much improved from it's last appearance thanks to my super handy husband!)









I'M WEARING:

Top- My Sister (Motherhood Maternity)
Layering Tank- Target (Merona)
Skirt- Consignment (Coldwater Creek)
Scarf- Gabriel Brothers
Necklace- Gift
 
 
THANKS FOR VISITING!

6 comments:

  1. You must be super excited!!! Your outfit looks great & I just love how a scarf can dress a casual outfit up. Also good idea with the tank top. I will have to have my daughter give that a try. Blessings on your labor & delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 23 weeks with my first baby and I swear I am almost as big as you look! It's amazing how every woman carries their babies differently. You look darling. I have a million skirts but as I get bigger I slowly have to give them up. Do you wear a lot of maternity skirts? Does that skirt fit under your stomach/baby bump? I have some maxi skirts that will either fit over or under my baby bump or under it and I get worried that if I wear them under, I'll trip over them since I'm wearing them lower than usual. Still trying to get the hang of dressing my pregnant body. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! You are so sweet and I love to hear that, but believe me I'm huge! Lately I've just been wearing maxi skirts under the baby bump. A pregnant figure makes them longer in the front though so be careful about tripping. I love this one from Coldwater Creek because it has nice thick heavy elastic that feels supportive under my belly. I have a maternity skirt from Target too, but it's a little shorter than I prefer. It's hard to find nice maternity skirts.

      Delete
  3. Will pray for you and your baby as delivery nears. You look lovely and light as feather! Honestly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers and complements! It brightens my day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...