Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

A Weekend In Feminine Dress

Welcome to A Weekend In Feminine Dress on The Catholic Lady Blog.  This is when I post pictures of myself or a volunteer wearing a modest, elegant outfit to encourage women in the apostolate of feminine dress.  If you would like to share your photos for publication here, please send them to me at: thecatholiclady@gmail.com.  Thank you!
 
 
 
Here is an outfit I wore this weekend to a wonderful conference our family attended.  I found this jacket at the thrift store and really liked it.  This is not the best picture ever, but it's the best I have!  I also got about four inches cut off my hair and REALLY dislike it.  I always have trouble with my hair after having a baby.  Until it grows back, let me know if you have any ideas for short hair.
 
 

 
 
I'M WEARING:

Jacket- Ann Taylor
Skirt- I made
Black Top- Hand-me-down
Shoes- Famous Footwear
Necklace- Target
 
 
 
THANKS FOR VISITING!

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of getting haircut & not liking it. I cut 11 inches off my hair....It was almost to my waist & now it is just barely hitting my collarbone! It was getting thin & I had beautiful thick hair all my life until it started falling out. (hormonal) Go figure after the fact I chop it off hubby says oh I like long hair better!So I thought it time to cut it off & it looks worse! I like your hair though its full & beautiful & I bet it will grow back in no time.
    As for styling it I think how you have it looks nice. You can also try a half up half down hairstyle. I am not sure if you wear earrings but I always think that a half up do looks good with dangle type earrings. Also maybe a twist up do with a few pieces out to frame your face. Side buns are also nice. If you get on you tube you can find so many hair styles.
    I would like to know how to grow back hair that is broken & falling out? If you have any advice for that it would be great.
    I think you outfit is nice & very well put together. I really like the jacket! I have been looking for something like that for myself. Your skirt is beautiful & I like that length & color on you.
    Thanks for sharing your pictures. Smile :) your a beautiful feminine lady & you are such an encouragement to me & my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! My hair falls out postpartum; that's why I cut it. I really think hair falling out is a hormonal thing. I had intense hair loss for years that was caused by my low thyroid levels and low iron levels. Maybe an iron supplement or multivitamin would help you? That was a huge help in my case. Ask the doctor first of course. :) Thanks for the styling tips too. Now I'm excited to try what you suggested! I love that jacket too; I was really glad when I found it!

      Delete
    2. I think your hair looks pretty in your picture! :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I have recently been trying to make more effort with my appearance. It's nice to see it done with class!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...