Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

A Weekend In Feminine Dress

Welcome to A Weekend In Feminine Dress on The Catholic Lady Blog.  This is when I post pictures of myself or a volunteer wearing a modest, elegant outfit to encourage women in the apostolate of feminine dress.  If you would like to share your photos for publication here, please send them to me at: thecatholiclady@gmail.com.  Thank you!
 
 
 
Is it really getting cold already?  I don't think I'm ready for Winter yet, still holding out hope for that welcome Indian Summer...  And just in case you were wondering, I still have an amazing baby.  I keep thinking one day he'll wake up and become grumpy but no, just an angel!  We have been so busy lately with errands and events on the weekends which is why I have not posted for awhile.  But here is what I wore yesterday:



 
 
I'M WEARING:

Top- Hand-me-down
Skirt- I made
Boots- Franco Sarto
Scarf- Gabes
 
 
 
 
 
THANKS FOR VISITING!!

5 comments:

  1. Nice outfit! It sure is cold these days. Here in Maine it was 36 today! Brrr...
    I have been making my own skirts for the winter this year. I made myself a pattern that works for my frame and I have decided to try to stick with solid dark colors because the prints make me look larger then what I actually am. I am thinking maybe if I stick to a small pattern that would work. Do you have any advice on wearing prints for larger shaped women?
    I really like the look of long boots with skirts. I would also like to try & wear high heels some day. :)
    Well you look great for just having a baby. God Bless you & your family. Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently realized that I don't really like myself in plaid or print skirts either, especially when they are longer. I think the style and cut of the skirt has a lot to do with it though. Every body type is different for what is flattering. I like Simplicity 5914 view D skirt pattern for myself and have done a solid color florals like an embroidered linen. I want to wear high heels too, but they make me so tall that I feel awkward when I do. Princess Kate can pull off high heels and being very tall so that is an encouragement!

      Delete
    2. Oh I bet the skirts you made are very nice. Maybe you can post up a few that you have made. (hint hint) :) I am very new to sewing & I love to see other peoples clothes they have sewn it is such an encouragement to me.

      Delete
    3. I meant the skirts with the prints. :) Also the skirt in the above photo is beautiful & I see you have made that. I love the style and length. I think maybe my skirts are a bit to long for me. I may have to try to alter a few & see if they look any better on me.

      Delete
  2. It's awesome you made your own skirt! I'd love to do that, yours looks really nice.

    I like the addition of colour to the outfit with the scarf too - nice way to add print and a bit of colour :)


    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...