Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

A Weekend In Feminine Dress

Welcome to A Weekend In Feminine Dress on The Catholic Lady Blog.  This is when I post pictures of myself or a volunteer wearing a modest, elegant outfit to encourage women in the apostolate of feminine dress.  If you would like to share your photos for publication here, please send them to me at: thecatholiclady@gmail.com.  Please note: I reserve the right to reject those pictures that do not reflect the ideals of modesty and elegance this blog promotes.  Thank you!
 
 
 
 
 
This weekend was beautiful, especially considering it is February!  It was warm and sunny, perfect for painting our front porch, which is what we did Saturday.  Actually, my husband did the work.  I am horrible at working on houses.  Anyway, we had fun and the kids loved spending the day outside.  This is what I wore:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'M WEARING:
 
Blouse- Thrift Store
Skirt- Christopher & Banks
Shoes- Consignment
Necklace- Target
Earrings- Old Navy
 
 
 
 
THANKS FOR VISITING!!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty top! You look great! I can't wait for some good weather. I have felt stuck in heavier skirts for a few months. I am looking forward to pulling out my spring skirts.
    I am having a hard time right now with my weight (thyroid problems). I have lost so much and I am trying to rebuild my wardrobe. A lot of skirts I am use to wearing have been looking frumpy on my new shape. I find that I no longer look good in long skirts & the shorter 3-4 inches below the knee I think might work better for me & my husband agrees. I am on 5ft tall so I look like I am drowning in a long skirt.
    Do you have any fashion advice to give on shorter modest skirts? I am finding it hard to find a style for myself as I am not very fashion savvy to begin with. I have worn skirts for 18yrs. but have mostly been plus size until now & long skirts weren't so bad then. This new body type is a change for me. Well any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! Rosemarie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wanted to mention my spring skirts are long tiered skirts & can't really be hemmed so I am at loss. I was wondering what you thought of maybe a straighter style skirt that goes 3 to 4in below the knee?

      Delete
    2. I understand with finding clothes to fit a new body shape!! I have been through the same thing with my pregnancies and thyroid problems. I will think about this and let you know if I have any ideas. I think the long full skirts are definitely more traditionally feminine, modest and elegant but there can be some pretty shorter ones too. I would be careful with the pencil skirt/bodycon fit though...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...