Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

I Am Not The Catholic Lady!

That's right, when I started this blog and named it The Catholic Lady, I was not referring to myself!  This is explained in my about section.

The Catholic Lady is a mythical ideal that exists in the soul of every woman.  Despite tremendous variance in situation and circumstance, every single woman is called to be The Catholic Lady.  As Catholics we believe that salvation requires the reception of Baptism and the Sacraments and we greatly desire this privilege for every single child of God.  There will be those who refuse it.  But we are saddened by this rejection of grace.
The Catholic Lady is an ideal that exists in the soul of every woman.

The role of women in society is tremendous when we follow our vocation, especially as mothers.  After all, "The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world!"

"To a great extent the level of any civilization is the level of its womanhood. When a man loves a woman, he has to become worthy of her. The higher her virtue, the more noble her character, the more devoted she is to truth, justice, and goodness, the more a man has to aspire to be worthy of her. The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women." Archbishop Fulton Sheen.

So The Catholic Lady is an ideal that I am still striving after but I am greatly encouraged by you ladies who accompany me on the journey.  May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...