Pages

Monday, October 24, 2016

A Weekend In Feminine Dress

Welcome to A Weekend In Feminine Dress on The Catholic Lady Blog.  This is when I post pictures of myself or a volunteer wearing a modest, feminine outfit including where it was purchased in order to encourage the apostolate of feminine dress.  If you would like to submit your photos, please contact me at: thecatholiclady@gmail.com.  Thank you!


Hello, everyone!  It's been a long few weeks since I've posted.  I have not been organized lately and when things are not in order I find it difficult to blog.  Also, it's been so rainy and hard to get any good quality pictures...so many excuses.

Anyway, here is an outfit I wore recently.  I really like this wool tweed skirt in cooler weather.  I made it a few years ago.  However, for some reason it's hard to find tops that go well, this particular outfit is not my favorite.  It doesn't help that my fall wardrobe really needs updated...but of course that's a fun problem; I actually have a fall fashion post coming this week!











I'M WEARING:


Skirt- I made!
Top- Burlington
Cardigan- Consignment
Shoes- had for a long time...






THANKS FOR VISITING!

3 comments:

  1. I like the red with your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A question regarding modesty: what do you do with swimming and dance lessons (ballet most specifically)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up doing both ballet and swimming but it is very difficult to do either modestly, more than ever today. There are modest swimsuits available and some dancing can be very beautiful. That being said, I would caution against the tremendous influence of modern (revolutionary, immodest, bad music, etc.) culture that is almost always present in these activities... Perhaps the most important consideration is whether they will encourage the Catholic formation I assume you desire for your child! God bless you, Colette

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...