Pages

Monday, December 5, 2016

Life Update!

I promise I still care about you all and the apostolate of The Catholic Lady!  Sometimes, life just really takes over.  Below is a little update of our life lately- with pictures.  AND: I'm making a promise to come back with weekly (or more) feminine dress and idea posts including some of the girls even if they must be short and sweet :).  Please let me know what else you would like to hear about and I'll work on it.

So, a little news that many of you already know:
A baby!  Yes, a little boy due beginning of April.

And the always energetic (they hide it well in this photo) brothers and sisters.




Beatrice and Oliver were sick for a few days each over a period of a couple weeks with a nasty respiratory virus.  I really get stressed out over sickness, which I hardly ever do.  Usually, I'm pretty laid back to the point of laziness...  I would love to hear of your success avoiding/fighting winter bugs with essential oils like eucalyptus or other natural immune boosters and remedies?




I am busy but honestly enjoy spending most of my time keeping them in hand.  I am 5 months along and very grateful for a healthy pregnancy.  I am feeling large already though and have only just passed the halfway mark, hmm...  Let me know if you have any clothes ideas.  I have recently bought or made some new skirts and tops so will be sharing on here.  I have so much trouble dressing this point in pregnancy (maybe why I have not taken many outfit pictures lately).





And we are preparing for Christmas!  Let's just say I'm thankful for a few more weeks to get everything done. ;)


We are still living in the same house by the way, with two bedrooms.  So it is getting a bit tight, even though I love this house and kind of hate to admit that.  Please pray for our house to sell quickly once we list (in Feb/March 2017).  We already plan to buy my husband's family's home so there is no stress of finding a place which is such a grace.  Once we move I expect our new house will feel enormous!  Have any of you buried the St. Joseph statue or medal when trying to sell a house?



That's all for now, folks!  But like I said, I will be back very soon with more, so stay tuned.

15 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I know all about life taking over, as I have a blog that hasn't been touched in literally months. :( I try, but it can be hard to find the time. Especially since I can't really do it from my phone like I do pretty much everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to see you back! Congratulations on your newest blessing :) Pregnancy is such a beautiful time. I love your style, and the red coat you're wearing in one of the pictures is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really appreciate it; I'm so excited so it's hard when people don't understand and think we are crazy.

      Delete
    2. Fortunately, I can tell you from experience that you've nearly reached the point where people give up on dissuading you from your insanity, and just offer polite congratulations whether they mean it or not. ;)

      Delete
  3. Colette! Congratulations!! Oh my gosh, I just saw you the other day, and I didn't even notice! You are so tiny when you are pregnant - haha. Great, joyful, wonderful news. I hope the pregnancy treats you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I thought you knew for some reason or else I would have told you. That's exactly what I want to hear...I'm definitely trying to wear flattering clothes which is way easier in the winter. It seems like I'm always so tired at catechism or whenever we see each other and when I'm tired and busy cleaning up donuts it's hard to communicate clearly, haha!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your pregnancy!!! We didn't bury the St.Joseph statue as we were already in a new place waiting for the old one to sell (long story) so I bought a kit and put it on our home altar and prayed the prayer it came with..St. Joseph interceeded for us and he will for you, too! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm definitely planning to pray to him a lot!

      Delete
  5. Oh, congratulations on the new baby coming! You are a superhero to me with your beautiful family and apostolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the kind, thoughtful comments. You help me so much by showing support; it's good to know we are not alone!

      Delete
  6. Don't bury poor St. Joseph :-)!
    But do ask for his intercession!
    Praying for you and your family as always❤

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...