Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

A Weekend In Feminine Dress: Cold Weather!

Welcome to A Weekend In Feminine Dress on The Catholic Lady Blog.  This is when I post pictures of myself or a volunteer wearing a modest, feminine outfit including where it was purchased in order to encourage the apostolate of feminine dress.  If you would like to submit your photos, please contact me at: thecatholiclady@gmail.com.  Thank you!



This is what I wore yesterday to Mass and catechism class.  We've been taking the children to class this year for the first time and they all attend the Kindergarten class which is so good and very laid back so we fit in there fine!  They made a very cute Epiphany craft yesterday.  After Mass, we drove by the city's Christmas crèche which is the only replica in the world of the one at the Vatican.  It is very touching to witness a public display of Christmas like this.  My Dad actually works in the building outside of which it is displayed so I think that is very nice for him.  It was about 0 degrees here yesterday with the wind chill, so really, really cold!  If you follow National Football, the Pittsburgh Steelers won a big game yesterday (very big local news) and played in this weather!  I have no idea how they do that.

Anyway, my outfit was thrown together since I didn't have much time to get ready before 8AM Mass, but I think the coat made it much easier.  That's the benefit of winter, you can wear pretty much anything and throw on a nice coat and easily look put together!  I tried to dress the kids in layers to stay warm, but it was still freezing!





The Christmas crèche in downtown Pittsburgh, PA.
Photo taken from HERE








I'M WEARING:


Coat- Thrifted (Merona brand)
Black Paisley Scarf- I think online a few years ago
Black Skirt- Motherhood
Boots- Franco Sarto








THANKS FOR VISITING!


1 comment:

  1. What a cold but lovely day. You looked awesome girl. I love the outfit you put together. The mission of your blog over all really does inspire me. I am so happy I found your blog at the homemaking party today and look forward to your visit soon. I will subscribe to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...