Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

Dear Readers, I'm Back!

How is everyone doing?  Thanks so much for the kind comments & well wishes I've received during the past few months.

So much has happened and it's made me sad to be unable to share it with you.  We have not had internet during our move.  But at least now you get the big update all at once (don't lie, we all know the only reason to read blogs anyway is to see baby pictures!!):




Henry Robert was born April 8.  He is named for St. Henry Walpole who was an English Jesuit martyr.  I don't usually remember a lot of details from my labors, but this time was more dramatic!  His heart rate kept dropping and when he was finally born we found the cord wrapped around his neck twice!  So during every contraction he was being squeezed along with his oxygen supply.  I had to be given pitocin to speed things up and because of that felt a little beat up.  I do clearly remember praying memorares and thanking God.




But he was born strong and healthy and is already getting big!




Henry's Baptism




People are saying he looks like me...can you see it?




We had our Rosary Rally for the 100 year anniversary of Fatima May 13, 2017!  It was a good turnout and some positive response.  Prayers and reparation are sorely needed for the world right now.




This man (Oliver) became a big brother and is doing really well, probably because he's a Daddy's boy anyway.  We discovered that he enjoys baseball when we went to a game recently.  He sat and watched the ball and clapped pretty much the whole time.  I've always loved baseball (which I get from my Dad) so that made me smile!








 And last but not least, we finally moved!  Our new house is beautiful.  My husband grew up in this house actually.  It is about two minutes from where he works so that's also pretty convenient.  For about the first week it was quite stressful not to know where anything was, but now I am beginning to relax and really enjoy the space and big yard.  We are in the country...but not too far from town.  And we actually have bedrooms for the kids and room to move around.  It's wonderful.  And I already made my husband replace the toilet and bathroom floor...after I moaned over it for a few days he called and said he bought a toilet.  I'm more than a little spoiled having a fix everything husband.  But now I'm perfectly happy...with just a few more projects in the works.




Maybe I will write a post on the new house soon!  If anyone wants to see pictures?  I know I always like to see people's houses.  And it is a subject quite appropriate for the Catholic Lady.  I will be back weekly too with Weekends In Feminine Dress, as soon as I find time to get some pictures.



That's all for now!

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You have been missed-- by me anyway. Congratulations on the birth of your son--what a sweetie! And I would love to see pictures of your new home, if you would like to share them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so glad to be back here too, I've missed everyone!

      Delete
  2. congratulations on the baby boy! Congrats on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Awww.... Henry is such a cutie!

    And yes, please show pictures of the house (if you're comfortable). I'd love to see it, it looks so delightfully old-fashioned!

    Farm Lassie
    frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would love to see photos of the house! Congrats on everything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to have you back! I would love to see some pictures of the new house. We have been busy on the homefront too. We (actually my husband) painted every room in our house and he completed several other projects with two of our sons - putting in new doors for back entrance and deck and replaced the back deck. All the work paid off as we sold the house the day after we listed it. God is so Good! Lots of prayers were said along the way too. Welcome Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Collette on your new baby! I would like to talk to you if you have a minute. I have a friend who just moved into the Pittsburgh area and she is really interested in Our Lady of Fatima. You can email me your # and I'll call you. My address is p.bascom@live.com Looking forward to speaking with you soon! Salve Maria! Patricia Bascom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! :-) He is a beautiful baby!

    Yes I'd like to see pictures! I like baby pictures and house pictures too. :-)

    And could you please put an Archive widget onto your blog? I'd like to read the older posts but clicking "Older post" to reach the oldest posts is very time consuming. Thank you!

    Blessings from Hungary! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...